Share Your Story
We would like to hear your story.
One key ingredient to help people believe that recovery is possible and that our Heavenly Father can restore them to complete spiritual health is to hear the stories and testimonies of others in recovery. These stories are intended to serve a public audience of Church members.
We accept stories of recovery about:
Individuals who have a personal experience of recovery from a substance abuse or pornography addiction.
Family and friends who have experienced their own healing as they have worked through the addiction of a loved one.
The following stories are examples:
Submit Your Story
If you have a story that you would like to share, please email email@example.com with a write-up of your story and the following information:
- Full name
- Willingness to share your story through video, audio, text, or all of the above
In your written story, be sure to include the following information:
- Your particular addiction or the addiction of your loved one. (Please specify the type of drugs/alcohol if your addiction is related to a substance, or specify pornography if your addiction is of a sexual nature.)
- Your “Rock Bottom” Moment: a brief description of your life when you were at your lowest point; the circumstances and events you experienced when you knew that you needed help.
- Your “Turning Point”: a brief description of your life when you experienced healing through Christ; the circumstances and events you experienced when your hope was restored.
- Where You Are Today: a brief description of your life today and the lessons and blessings that you have experienced through forgiveness, repentance, and service.
Find Meetings Near YouJoin others on a path to recovery and happiness